When you have an exceptional camera on your smartphone, you want to capture every little glimpse of the beauty around you. And over a few months, you find out your phone is about to explode with all these memorable moments that you captured.
However, not only with our iPhones, we take a lot of photos, even with DSLRs. Since we all live in a digital age where everything is in excess, we tend to forget the importance of organizing our photos, which is crucial since you want to look back at those moments before memories fade into nothingness.
With your Mac’s help, you can easily organize your photos and keep all your memories safe in one place. With the help of this short guide, you will learn the best ways to manage your photos on Mac. Read on!
Create Albums With Photos App on Your Mac to Add Pictures and Videos
When you have many photos and videos on your smartphone, one of the most straightforward and practical ways to start arranging your photos is to use albums, especially when you give them names associated with the events. There are many photo managing software out there, and if you want to know how to choose one, this article will help you find the best one according to your needs.
With the iCloud photo library, all your photos and video albums on Mac get synched to your iOS device. So with iCloud, you get the best of both worlds – on your iPhone and Mac, you can access your albums anytime you want.
Here’s What you need to do:
- Launch Photos app on your Mac
- Under the library section, click on the photos in the Sidebar.
- Choose the photos you want to add to an album. (Hold the command key if you want to choose multiple photos)
- Now, right-click on your selected photos and videos.
- Move the cursor to Add to.
- You can choose an existing album, or create a new one. (If creating a new album give it a name related to the celebration)
You can make a new album whenever you want by clicking the + button that appears in the sidebar next to My Albums. Just drag and drop the albums in any way you want, and you are good to go.
How to Organize Albums and Folders on Your Mac
Now you know how to organize photos on your Mac, and now it is time for you to learn how to manage photo albums on your Mac. When you have many photo albums, it may be better to clean it all up by organizing albums into folders, which will serve you as a collection of albums. Here’s how you do it.
- Launch Photos on your Mac
- Right-click on My Albums in the sidebar, or hover the mouse above it, then click on the + button that appears next to My Albums.
- Click New Folder.
- Name the Folder.
- Drag all the albums you want in that folder.
When you have all your photos in one place, it is easy for you to go back to those beautiful memories whenever you want — this short guide for those who like their images to be well-organized.