How to Make Your Cloud-Based Technology Have a Silver Lining in a Virtual Environment
Cloud technology is no longer an innovation of the future. In fact, the benefits of the cloud have been utilized and embraced by businesses and schools, thus making it a standard way of conducting business. Once you understand the cloud and learn how to transition to advanced usage you’ll be well on your way to tapping into its full potential. But first, let’s discuss specifically what the Cloud really is.
What is the Cloud Technology?
In the easiest and simplest of terms, cloud technology means storing and accessing data and programs over the Internet instead of a computer’s hard drive. In other words, the cloud is simply just a metaphor for the Internet. This definition stems from the prehistoric days of using flowcharts and diagrams as a representation of a colossal server infrastructure of the Internet. Back then, the Internet looked like a big white puffy cloud as it accepted connections and parceled out information as it floated by. However, with this definition, it’s important to understand that with “cloud computing,” you need to access your data or your programs over the Internet. And the beauty of all of this is that with an online connection, cloud computing can be done anywhere, anytime.
How is Cloud Technology Used?
If you use an online service to send email, edit documents, watch movies or TV, listen to music, play games, or store pictures and other files, it’s likely that cloud computing is making it all possible behind the scenes. A variety of organizations, whether small startups or global corporations are embracing the technology for all sorts of reasons. Here are a few of the things you can do with the cloud:
- Create new apps and services
- Store, back up and recover data
- Host websites and blogs
- Stream audio and video
- Deliver software on demand
- Analyze data for patterns and make predictions
- Conduct training, webinars, and conference virtually
Optimizing Your Cloud with Virtual Training
Eliminated the need for travel costs associated with flying trainers and students to onsite training has essentially been eradicated by cloud-based virtual training. Cloud-based solutions allow businesses and schools to host training environments on their websites or specific training portals and provide their employees and students with instant, on-demand access with a single click.
Virtual training environments automate these classrooms without any technical assistance, giving students or employees an instant lab environment. Furthermore, virtual training providers can help companies mimic on-site training, allowing them to cut expenses while maintaining a quality end-user experience.
When you add automation with a powerful cloud technology solution the result can really be a game changer for enterprises and mid-market companies by allowing participants to join just minutes before a class starts and experience the learning session in real time. When companies are considering their budget, this can also be a revenue gain as most training classes are an expensive investment. This is why choosing the right cloud service provider is key to a business’ success, as they want to make sure their cloud is fast enough to accommodate these dynamic workloads. The cloud-based solution should be one that is self-service and simplistic. This is important because it gives the facilitator the opportunity and ability to make changes on the fly in addition to making administrative changes like adding or removing students, while at the same time giving available students access to their environment(s) in seconds.
Typically, virtual training is allocated a small budget in comparison to its worth. With the emergence of cloud-based technologies, virtual training has not only been able to eliminate large expenses like travel and administration but has been used to generate revenue. As a result, the value of training on multiple levels and platforms is highlighted.
Key Advantages of Cloud Technology in a Virtual Environment
- Allows business/schools to successfully train their participants in real time while effectively implementing the technologies into their existing business operations
- Offers streamlined training operations that result in improved cost management, increased productivity and scalability of the business
- Enhances the learning environment by allowing participants to work on a real, full functioning application.
- Controls costs because with cloud-based corporate training, all the training takes place in the cloud and students access their session via their web browser.
- Empowers facilitators and students by allowing the instructor to have complete oversight to each student at all times from his instructor console and allowing the student to raise their hand (virtually) if they have any questions, hear the instructor with voice technologies, see the instructor’s desktop if he or she steps in for demonstrations and interact with other students via a chat.
Cloud-based technology is steadily replacing traditional applications for almost every business and educational solution. Websites, emails, marketing platforms, IT support, backup services, data storage and booking systems- name it and it most likely has a cloud solution. Corporate training and modern learning for today’s student are integral parts of the cloud computing equation. This is in large part because companies and schools are discovering the benefits of cloud computing and are seeking new ways to further their participant’s knowledge with solutions that are flexible and tailored to the individual person’s needs.