With increased connectivity and growing access to technology, the digital divide has evolved from an issue of access, to a problem of purposeful usage. As educators invest great efforts and funds into bringing 21st century technology into classrooms, a gap has developed between educators using technology to provide students with meaningful learning experiences, and educators using technology to digitize the same old pedagogy. It was this new digital divide that BrightBytes co-founder Rob Mancabelli set out to address with the company’s first solution on the Clarity platform, the Technology & Learning module.
Clarity uses complex predictive analytics to measure the factors that drive modern student learning outcomes, and delivers personalized and research-based results to help educational leaders make informed and actionable decisions.
In an industry overwhelmed by DRIP syndrome (data rich, information poor), BrightBytes goes to great lengths to provide educators across school, district, and state levels, with personalized and research-driven insights, resources, and support material at each data point. Educators not only see the data in an educative and engaging format, but they also know what actions to take to address any gaps or challenges within their personalized results.
PUBLISH YOUR ARTICLE
The predictive-analytics platform and its research- based content are the product of the combined efforts of the BrightBytes Labs, the research engine behind Clarity, and the BrightBytes team. Together, mission-driven school practitioners, designers, engineers, and visualization experts join forces with statisticians, analysts, researchers, and thought leaders from top institutes to power and inform the five modules of Clarity.
Mancabelli, a veteran educator himself, aspired to address different challenges educators face with each unique module.
- Technology & Learning measures the impact of school technology on student learning. It works to narrow the new digital divide and provide fast, actionable solutions for more impactful implementation and improved allocation.
- Early Warning, formed through a partnership with Mazin Education, ™ uses predictive analytics to identify at-risk students early based on student-and building-specific triggers. This dropout prevention system is said to have almost twice the accuracy of a traditional flag-based system.
- Leadership, developed with McREL International, ™ helps organizations understand which initiatives have the greatest impact on the learning process, and whether school leaders are adequately empowered to drive those initiatives.
- Digital Privacy, Safety & Security, created in partnership with iKeepSafe,™ gives educators the capability to strike the right balance between achieving technology goals and fulfilling privacy and security responsibilities.
- 21st Century Service Agency informs service agencies where they stand in terms of technology readiness, and delivers personalized recommendations for improvement.
BrightBytes (www.brightbytes.net) plans to continue their process of creating products that address issues that arise in the K-12 educational sector. The organization is set to expand their product lines and sales teams, across the US and internationally.
“In an industry overwhelmed by DRIP syndrome (data rich, information poor), BrightBytes goes to great lengths to provide educators across school, district, and state levels, with personalized and research-driven insights, resources, and support material at each data point.”